Hot Shrimp Salad
Photo by: Aileen Paredes
What could be better than a hot stir fry dish straight from the steaming wok? This is fast food - the curious way.
Ingredients: 400 g salmon fillets, 1 red bell pepper, 1 carrot, 8 green beans, 6 pcs water chestnuts, 2 cloves garlic, 3 tbsps soy sauce, 1 tbsp tamarind paste, 1 tbsp miso paste, ½ cup water, 1 tbsp corn starch, 2 tbsps vegetable oil, 1 tbsp water, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp sesame seeds and sesame oil.
1. Slice all vegetables into thin strips and mince garlic.
2. Slice salmon into bite sized cube.
3. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, water, tamarind paste, miso paste and cornstarch.
4. In a wok, sear salmon cubes on side for 1 minute. Add in all the vegetables and stir fry for two to three minutes, cooking the vegetables but keeping them crisp.
5. Pour in sauce and continue stir-frying until sauce thickens.