Rich and creamy carbonara topped with— what ho?!? not bacon but smoked milkfish fried to a crisp! Nevertheless, one of my favorite. Dishes. Ever.
250 g flaked tinapa ng bangus
1 pound of dry pasta or 1 recipe of fresh pasta
3 cloves minced garlic
2 large eggs
1 cup grated cheese (1/2 Parmesan, ½ Queso Rustico)
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
¼ cup chopped basil leaves
salt, black pepper and Togarashi pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
For fresh pasta:
1 cup flour
About 2 tbsps olive oil
1. Combine flour, egg and olive oil to form pasta dough. Knead to smoothen and then wrap and chill in ref for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Using a pasta machine or by hand, roll out dough and cut into desired noodle shape.
3. In a saute pan, saute tinapa flakes and garlic until golden. Leave in pan.
4. In a pot of salted boiling water, cook fresh pasta for 3 to 4 minutes, keeping noodles al dente.
5. In a bowl, mix together eggs, black pepper and cheese.
6. Remove pasta from boiling water and pour onto the egg mixture. Add in tinapa and garlic and mix well. If sauce is too thick, add some pasta water.
7. Garnish with chopped herbs and togarashi pepper.