What’s even better than freshly-made cheese? Blush Cheese that’s coated in cashew and fried in butter. Be still my heart.
300 g French green beans
2 ripe tomatoes, cubed
4 pomelo segments, shredded
1 small bunch of fresh basil
250 g Malagos Blush Cheese
3 pcs. calamansi
1/8 cup olive oil
½ cup crushed cashews
½ cup flour
2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs
2 tbsps of butter
2 cups of ice and 2 cups of water
1. Clean green beans by washing and removing tough end. Blanche green beans in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Shock in ice cold water immediately.
2. Place flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs combined with crushed cashews in their own individual containers. Season each with salt and pepper.
3. Cut cheese into logs and dredge through the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. Fry in oil and butter until golden brown.
4. In a bowl, combine calamansi juice and olive oil to form vinaigrette.
5. Add in green beans, tomatoes, and pomelo into the bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
6. Serve salad with fried cheese on top and roughly chopped basil.